 Robotics / 1841
1840  |  1842
Subject:
Question about direct-sound in legOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 17:26:35 GMT

Has anyone got ds_play function to work in legOS?
If so please post an example and the steps you took
to make it work.  I've messed around with this without
any success.

I probably made the wrong pick when I changed
line 93 of direct-sound.c to be:

  T_IER &= ~CR_ENABLE_IRQA

to get around a compiler error that the original
line was causing:

  T_IER &- ~TIER_ENABLE_IRQA

I was getting an undefine for the TIER_ENABLE_IRQA
symbol.

What type of sound file is this routine expecting?  I recorded
my sample on a PC as Ulaw 8bit 8K then ran it through
sample-convert.pl on my linux box to end up with an
array of unsigned bytes that I passed to ds_play.  Should this
work?

BTW: I'm using legOS 0.1.4

-rick