 Robotics / 18220
Re: Lego Team Challenge or RIS?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 10:36:02 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Wayne Watson writes:
I think we'll probably go with Team Challenge

Can I just confirm the view that the team challenge kit is the best bet. It
is based on the v1.0 mindstorms package, which has several pieces different
to RIS v2.0, but mostly this is advantageous:

External power socket for RCX - good for saving on batteries
Proper plastic stackable tray box, rather than the paper box with huge holes
for lego pieces - very robust in classes and on the move
Robolab v2.5 is excellent for kids - we have had 8 year olds using robolab
and the RIS stuff is not a proper programming environment and only works on
PCs, where we use Apple iBooks to ease hassles with cheap laptops.

See http://mars-or-bust.org.uk/ for a (to be updated) web site regarding our
schools projects