 Robotics / 17634
Re: Discontinuous motion.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 06:20:53 GMT

I combined Robert Munafo's stepper motor
(http://home.earthlink.net/~mrob/pub/lego/stepper.html) and Rob
Limbaugh's partial rotation
(http://www.abs-robotics.com/locomotion/partialrotation.htm) to get a
working prototype of a base 5 odometer.

Hope to post a pic tomorrow.

John Barnes wrote:

I've uploaded a simple detent mechanism which can be used to stop shafts
creeping round when they're not supposed to. The only drawback is it can get
rather noisy :)

(The black shape at the top is supposed to represent an official Lego rubber
band. Yes - this design uses all genuine Lego parts ;)

I'd used this in a similar shaft revolution counter that has been described
earlier in this thread.

JB