 Robotics / 17626
    New AFOL —Benton Jackson
   Hi, I've been lurking on lugnet.robotics for a couple months now, with just a few odd comments here and there. You're probably wondering who the heck I am. Well, I'm a new 40 year old fan of Legos. Although I've been an admirer of legos all my life, (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: New AFOL —Eric Sophie
   Hi Benton, welcome, ain't it great! I checked out your site and your Robots, very cool. Interesting challenges you have picked. Get's my technic mind going. Good luck and I hope to see more of your work. What do you plan to make next? Legomaster (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: New AFOL —Benton Jackson
   Well, as soon as I get a load of #6 axle connectors I'm building a large Killough platform with the big spherical wheels. Then I can see how a Killough platform works without the square-wheel effect my current one has. In the meantime, I just got 5 (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: New AFOL —William R. Ward
   (...) Maybe you can find 3 of the "Soccer Bus" sets which come with a soccer ball, and make a *really* large Killough platform! :-) Welcome to LUGNET, BTW... --Bill. (23 years ago, 6-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: New AFOL —Benton Jackson
   I just saw a few of those at Wal-mart the other day. It would be a way to introduce a soccer ball into a creation while maintaining the pure-lego concept <grin>. But a Killough platform needs 6 wheels, and they aren't actually spherical- they are (...) (23 years ago, 6-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics)