 Robotics / 17645
Re: New AFOL
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 01:42:42 GMT

I just saw a few of those at Wal-mart the other day. It would be a way to
introduce a soccer ball into a creation while maintaining the pure-lego
concept <grin>. But a Killough platform needs 6 wheels, and they aren't
actually spherical- they are spheres with two slices taken out of it big
enough to put axle holders in. The 5282 wheels
(http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5282) are just about perfect.

In lugnet.robotics, William R. Ward writes:
"Benton Jackson" <goatrider@spambegone.goatrider.com> writes:
Well, as soon as I get a load of #6 axle connectors I'm building a large
Killough platform with the big spherical wheels. Then I can see how a
Killough platform works without the square-wheel effect my current one has.

Maybe you can find 3 of the "Soccer Bus" sets which come with a soccer
ball, and make a *really* large Killough platform! :-)

Welcome to LUGNET, BTW...

--Bill.