 Robotics / 17583
    Re: 4X4 technic truck and Real Radio control. —Steve Baker
   (...) You could probably do that - but you'd have to write RCX software to decode the pulse-width modulated signals from the radio control system. If you can write good software then that might be possible with something like the LegOS firmware - (...) (22 years ago, 31-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: 4X4 technic truck and Real Radio control. —Byon Garrabrant
   (...) I have actually created a similar device, and am in the testing phase now. It connects to your RC receiver, and then outputs the IR commands to the RCX to drive the motors. It effectively works just like the IR remote for driving the 3 (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: 4X4 technic truck and Real Radio control. —Benton Jackson
   (...) Does it work with a Futaba 8UHFS? <grin> Consider me interested! The silly IR works a lot less well than line-o-sight; you need to be within 8 feet and pointed more or less at it and vice-versa. Can it also send the 1,2,3 messages, or more? (22 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: 4X4 technic truck and Real Radio control. —Derek Robinson
   Keep us posted becuse im about to be at that point soon (22 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: 4X4 technic truck and Real Radio control. —John Barnes
   Am I right in assuming you want to be able to control Technic motors via your R/C gear, or are you really trying to remote control your RCX? JB (22 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: 4X4 technic truck and Real Radio control. —Derek Robinson
     Correct Jb becuse I think that be a cool thing . then I will buy an X10 mini camra from the X10 web site. the wireless color mini cam. (22 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: 4X4 technic truck and Real Radio control. —Benton Jackson
   (...) I want to do both. Sometimes while I'm building a robot, I'll test out the mechanism by using the IR remote before I bother to write code. And also it would be nice to send "suggestions" to a mostly autonymous robot. And sometimes, you just (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics)