 Robotics / 17583
Re: 4X4 technic truck and Real Radio control.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 23:21:55 GMT

Derek wrote:

Hi all I was wondering  can I hook up a real radio control reseiver up to my
4x4 off road technic truck ( the adavance model ) for $119. ???

if so is it easy as sodering a few lego eletric plates to the reseiver???

and use it as a sensor????

You could probably do that - but you'd have to write RCX software to decode
the pulse-width modulated signals from the radio control system.  If you
can write good software then that might be possible with something like
the LegOS firmware - but not with the standard Lego firmware - it's just
not fast enough.

You'd probably be better off trying to figure out a mechanical linkage
from the radio control servomotors to (say) a light sensor or a rotation
sensor and having the RCX read that.

Mail : <sjbaker1@airmail.net>   WorkMail: <sjbaker@link.com>
URLs : http://www.sjbaker.org
       http://toobular.sf.net   http://lodestone.sf.net