 Robotics / 1749
RE: legOS Download
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 02:24:03 GMT

I wish it was ziped using the standard Intel PKZIP. I also • wish it was
100% usable under Win95/98 or WinNT.

That's only standard on MS platforms. the rest of the world uses tar.
PKZip is from PKWare, not Intel.

<Bing Bing Bing> whoops my "holywar detector" just went off.

It's interesting how the original mindstorms software was only available for
windows. (which does make sense, there are a lot of windows users out there)
and because of this there was a huge effort by the memebers of this list to
get software working on other platforms.  Now the tables have turned, the
most powerful software (legOS (notice I didn't say "best" or "easist to
use")) is targetted at the *nix platforms and totally marginalizes the
original windows users.  As a windows user this is mildly annoying, we are
used to being considered the center of the universe (1).

Cheers
Tim

(1) Thats a self deprecating pun people, no need for the napalm.