 Robotics / 17279
    Re: Introducing Jump-O-Bot —Jim Choate
   (...) Then that author is incorrect. There were Lego based jumping robots at several of the Robofests put on here in Austin back in the early half of the 90's. At least one of them was built along the lines of 'Spring Turkey'. They used the old (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Introducing Jump-O-Bot —Mario Ferrari
   "Jim Choate" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> ha scritto: (...) propels (...) Well, to be precise, in our book we didn't write that nobody was able to build a jumping robot. We simply stated that we tried but didn't succeed :-) And, to be honest, I admit (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        It came out too easily to be the first —Miguel Agullo
   For what is worth, My original intention was indeed to thank Mario for the complimentary copy of his book by creating a new robot inspired by it. Once I came up with a "new" type of robot, a secondary intention was to promote further investigation (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: It came out too easily to be the first —Jim Choate
   (...) Austin Robot Group. Lego's are a SMALL part of what this group has been working on for the last 12-13 years. Just ask Mark Thorpe of Robot Wars fame or Mark Pauline of SRL fame (we helped put on the '97 show here in Austin). (URL) robots were (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics)