 Robotics / 17222
  Ultrasonic Sensor

Hello all. This topic might be a bit old hat for some of you, but as a relative newbie to the world of Mindstorms, I'm posting in the appeal for any information on Ultrasonic Sensors. The brief of my honours project was to design and build one such (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Ultrasonic Sensor

(...) let (...) Thanks for that Steve. My circuit will be based on the latter of the two possibilities. It is based on a design by RA Penfold from Electronics and Beyond (Sept.2001) so I'm basically doing construction by numbers! However, the thesis (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Ultrasonic Sensor

(...) Sound travels on the order of 333m per second, so with the 3ms interval between sensor readings you will get a resolution of 1m. You could try some heavy machine level hackery inside legOS or leJOS to read the sensors in a shorter interval, I (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Ultrasonic Sensor

(...) I guess the first question I'd ask is "What interface does the sensor present to the RCX?" I imagine there are two possibilities: It could be a raw interface that let you send an acoustic "PING" on command and read a voltage back telling you (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Ultrasonic Sensor

Hello All, Many thanks to all who replied to my original post on this topic. The hardware is build (and works - sometimes(!!!)) and I am now writing the thesis for the project. It is due for submission next week, and if anyone would be interested in (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics)