 Robotics / 17222
17221  |  17223
Subject:
Ultrasonic Sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 00:07:15 GMT

Hello all.

This topic might be a bit old hat for some of you, but as a relative newbie
to the world of Mindstorms, I'm posting in the appeal for any information on
Ultrasonic Sensors.

The brief of my honours project was to design and build one such sensor and
program the robot in NQC. I'm not sure if my supervisor was aware of the
existence of several circuits for these devices but I was able to pick one
straight out of a book. He assures me that this is a perfectly legitimate
approach but in order to achieve the highest possible grade, my description
of the RCX and it's internals must be faultless and the description of the
circuit and program likewise. Since I was allocated the project and
purchased my own RIS shortly after, I have amassed a fair amount of
information and resources, a lot of which is documented at
http://www.btinternet.com/~leerwilson

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions on what I have so far or any
pointers to additional sources of information - in particular the operation
and internals of the RCX (I have the usuals such as Rusell Nelson's page and
Keoka Proudfoot's site). I'd also greatly appreciate tales of experiences
with ultrasonic sensors and programming routines for them.
Cheers from Bonny Scotland,
Lee