 Robotics / 17147
RE: Using un`Lego sensors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 14:03:20 GMT

From: Mike Reddy Sent: Friday, January 25, 2002 11:56 AM

I too am collecting the Cybot thingy. However, I think that
buying extra issues will be an expensive way to get extra sensors,
when the parts are cheaper bought separately.

Yeah, you're right, of course :) ehehe... I would try first to buy them at
an electronics shop or something, then search the web shops

Also, the bespoke plugs and sockets would have to
be stripped off, and extra circuitry used for active sensors.
Better to get a good book on Mindstorms and check for web sites that show
how to extend sensors, as you don't want to fry the RCX...

I'm a bit electronics-o-phobic, that's why I use LEGO instead of jumping
into "real" robotics, with HandyBoard kits and more capable sensors, etc...
:(

<innocent>
hmmmm... so there's nothing compatible out of the box on the Cybot ?
Ok. (I know, I know, I was asking for a miracle = That's the naive me :)
</innocent>

Anyway, thxs Mike :)

mc.