 Robotics / 17146
Re: suppressing an error-message in Robolab
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:46:40 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Claude Baumann writes:
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to suppress the "Communication Error" "No RCX Response"
Error messages in Robolab ?

We actually want to send data from the tower to two RCX  in direct mode
simultanously. If you try this, you notice that the program needs some time
for several retries, because the replies from both RCXs involved disturb
each other. Is there a possibility to enlarge the retrie-number which is
used as a threshold for the Error-message to be generated?

I know, multiple RCX-communication can easily be done based on legOS, but
for didactical reasons we need to stay with Robolab.

Could anyone help me to solve this problem?

Claude Baumann

Many direct-mode commands require an RCX reply.  When multiple RCXs try to
reply simultaneously, the tower gets confused and thinks the command didn't
work.

The only way around this problem that I know of is to only use commands that
don't require a reply.  One of these is SendMessage.  If you use messaging
to transmit your commands instead of direct mode, it will work.

HTH,
Ian