 Robotics / 17107
    broken motor, how to take apart? —Mike Barrett
   Not sure if this is the right group...anyway Just got back into Lego robot and rebuilt one of my bots. But one of the motors has become very tight, will just about turn. The motor was left unused for a bout 9 months in a dry room so not sure what (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: broken motor, how to take apart? —John Barnes
     This general subject has been discussed here before. I'm sure you can search the lugnet archives for more info. However, as my supply of motors has aged, I too have noted that they do tend to seize or at least stiffen up with lack of use. I have (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: broken motor, how to take apart? —Robb Greathouse
     I have had luck bringing motors of all sizes back to life, by soaking them in WD-40 overnight and then spinning them up with an electric drill. Robb, (...) (URL) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: broken motor, how to take apart? —Colin White
     This thread encouraged me to investigate a couple of jammed motors that came with "new" kits I purchased on e-Bay. None of the suggestions for unjamming a motor worked. I then decided to take one of the motors apart (this destroys the motor and is (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: broken motor, how to take apart? —Mathias Uhr
     hi list! i once got a completely jammed motor from a brickbay seller. i took it apart and found a similiar situation. i was confused very much by the (ferrite?) magnet which isn't a solid block of metal, but some kind of debris which only holds (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: broken motor, how to take apart? —Steven Lane
     I read this over in robotics and thought Technic might like to know as well. (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: broken motor, how to take apart? —Trevyn Watson
   I don't think lego has any time limit on their warranty, you should call them and see if they will replace it. (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics)