 Robotics / 16984
    Re: Using the Differential to drive straight. —Richard Jenkins
   I tried both of the drive trains in the Ferrari's book and still had problems getting the robot to to travel a straight line. The design they suggest was a huge improvement over a non-feedback direct differential drive, still I need precision for a (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Using the Differential to drive straight. —Mike Fusion
   <snip> (...) </snip> well, you could try the adder/subtractor (shameless plug here (URL) > or i think that i have another idea but i have to build it before i can CAD it so give me a week or so. mike (22 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Using the Differential to drive straight. —Rich Jenkins
   Thanks Mike, I'll be sure to try the adder-subtractor, as well as your new device. I completed the prototype of the differential drive with a transmission-lockable axle over the weekend. Actually, I can't claim credit for it, I got the idea from (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics)