 Robotics / 16912
    RCX Communication problem... suggestions? —Bob Hollett
   I got an RIS 2.0 for Xmas, and starting fiddling with it that night. It worked fine. I downloaded the firmware, and was able to download and run programs without problem... the software works fine as far as I can see. I am working with Win98SE on a (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RCX Communication problem... suggestions? —Ian Smith
     (...) I've seen similar with the older serial tower. In my case all the diagnostics say the tower is working, but no program written on the lego software will download. The 'instant execute' type functions work, however. Nqc will download happily, (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RCX Communication problem... suggestions? —Ed McGlynn
     (...) You might try watching the IR tower through a CCD device - like a digital camera or an analog or digital video camera. Their CCD chipsets detect IR light, and you'll see it as two additional pulsing LEDs inside the tower - probably green in (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RCX Communication problem... suggestions? —John Barnes
   I have had this problem with one or two of my RCXs. I think the problem is that the CPU/RAM get into a "funny" state as the supply voltage drops after the batteries are removed. Once in this state, re-inserting batteries just brings the power up to (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics)