 Robotics / 16671
16670  |  16672
Subject:
rcx 2.0 without power plug !?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 12:16:05 GMT

i got a brand new r.i.s 2.0 set (cheap :-), and now i'm

a little confused:

the rcx brick (it says "2.0" on it) has no connector for

an external power source. i thought it should!??

however, if i remove the dark grey bottom, the green

battery holder has an opening in its "frame". it seems

like it is prepared for holding a connector, but there's

none built in...

any ideas?

some other questions:

- my other rcx is from a r.i.s 1.5 set i bought new.

  however, it says "rcx 1.0" on the rcx brick. why?

- can i use the 2.0 firmware (downloaded from lego

  or from the r.i.s 2.0 cd?) on all versions of rcx's

  (1.0, 1.5, 2.0)?

- can i also use the software environment and the

  usb ir-tower from r.i.s 2.0 for all these rcx's?

thanks a lot for any input!

many greetings

mat