 Robotics / 16619
  Re: accu pack with rcx

I just moved from 6 1.2 volt rechargables to a 9.6 volt metal hydride pack that I bought at radio shack. Despite the aweful appearance I am pretty happy. I decided not to cut on the RCX box and just built a cage to hold it to the bottom of the RCX (...) (23 years ago, 1-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  VB and the IR tower

I've been trying to figure out how to communicate with the RCX using the IR tower through a VB program. Does anyone out there know how this can be done with Visual Basic. I have a serial tower if that makes a difference. Thanks... (23 years ago, 3-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: VB and the IR tower

hi Ryan, You can do it either through the spirit.ocx or just by sending the bytes to the IR tower. Both methods are quiet straight forward. I used both methods for the serial port in Delphi (which looks a lot like VB) and found that spirit.ocx is (...) (23 years ago, 3-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: VB and the IR tower

You need to import the spirit.ocx file (only comes with the rcx 1.0/1.5 version. If properly imported, you will see a lego logo in the components list. Put this in an application form and select in the lego component the proper pbrick and (...) (23 years ago, 4-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics)