 Robotics / 16597
RE: 3804 RIS 2.0 VS 9747 RIS 1.5
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 19:57:06 GMT

Personally, I don't think that the included
fiber optic cable is any great shakes and that a higher quality
replacement
can be obtained through a scientific supply house or such if you
really need it.

That "fiber optic cable" goes with the new USB tower. It's for use with VLL
(Visible Light Link) devices, like the Micro Scout. You stick one end into a
hole in the USB tower, and the other end into a hole in the Micro Scout. So
if you don't have the new USB tower, don't worry about this part. Even if
you have the tower, don't worry too much about it either, because it's not
used with the RCX anyway.

Tilman