 Robotics / 16460
  Re: extensions from hitechnicstuff

(...) To add, I have, of course, JB's pressure transducer. Besides the ultrasonic range sensor, the IR proximity sensor and the magnetic compass sensor. They all worked faultlessly and are products of a master craftsman indeed. (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: extensions from hitechnicstuff

"c s soh" <cssoh@singnet.com.sg> wrote in message news:3BE9E578.751EF6....com.sg... (...) I do hope the pressure sensor will be on the product list soon ...... listening John? : ) Robin (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: FT vs LEGO pneumatics (was: extensions from hitechnicstuff)

(...) I noticed on your site you have a bit of a comparison between FT & LEGO pneumatics. Do you have a comparison of the cylinders? I'm wondering whether FT have a longer cylinder than LEGO? Thanks ROSCO (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: FT vs LEGO pneumatics (was: extensions from hitechnicstuff)

(...) The FT work is progressing rather slowly, I'm afraid, due to much difficulty in photographing the FT elements. They're mostly black and dull sort of red and don't come out well unlike the colorful LEGO bricks. The FT large cylinder is just a (...) (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: FT vs LEGO pneumatics (was: extensions from hitechnicstuff)

Hello, (...) Are you aware that the 8680 Arctic Rescue Base set (URL) from the Technic Arctic Action theme (URL) has two longer pneumatic cylinders. However, these are the older single-action variety ... Greetings Horst PS: I don't read in technic, (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: FT vs LEGO pneumatics (was: extensions from hitechnicstuff)

(...) Somehow I can't see opening a MIB copy of this just to get these parts. :-) Assuming you could find one. But if you found one that had damaged parts, using stuff from 9705 (or whichever it was) doesn't seem quite so bad. (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: FT vs LEGO pneumatics (was: extensions from hitechnicstuff)

(...) Found a link to on-line distributors of FT: (URL) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: FT vs LEGO pneumatics (was: extensions from hitechnicstuff)

(...) Well, Larry, you can say there's always some dumb fool who has done it. As a matter of fact, I did have a MIB 8680 Arctic Rescue Base set. It's the only thing I have that's got the early pneumatics. So I simply had to open up the box to see (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: FT vs LEGO pneumatics (was: extensions from hitechnicstuff)

(...) I would not call anyone a "dumb fool" because they decided to open a set and enjoy it... I was just saying I thought it was a bit ironic that this particular (technic holy grail??) set would be a source... Sets are to be enjoyed. I am gonna (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: FT vs LEGO pneumatics (was: extensions from hitechnicstuff)

(...) Of course not. I was only saying of myself in jest. (...) Certainly, sets are to be enjoyed whichever you like. (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: FT vs LEGO pneumatics (was: extensions from hitechnicstuff)

Should anyone be interested: I have 5 of these long cylinders as a spare... they may go! And a perfect condition spare 8680+instr, no box. Will soon appear in my BB-shop, if not traded/sold earlier..... Klaas H. Meijaard - Netherlands Lugnet 291 (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: extensions from hitechnicstuff

I also agree, the sensors from John Barnes are absolutely top notch stuff. I have been using 2 Dual IRPD Sensors (now discontinued I think) and a Compass Sensor for about a year now and all are excellent. I am especially impressed with the Compass (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.technic)