 Robotics / 16378
  Re: Question about RIS version differences

(...) All 1.0's have the 9v external power jack. Early 1.5's also had the external power jack (mine did!) Later 1.5's and all 2.0's seen so far do not have an external jack. Aside from that, the three RCX's appear to be identical. RIS 1.0 and 1.5 (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Question about RIS version differences

(...) free (...) IMO the best of all possible worlds is 1.0 with the 2.0 firmware, for the simple reason of the 9v adapter plug. BTW, I recently ordered a Team Challenge from DACTA, because I was told its RCX has the adapter plug, and can confirm it (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Question about RIS version differences

(...) It has to, if you buy the 2.0 upgrade for a RIS 1.5 . The software asked for the type of tower, so I suppose the new software works with the old tower (but not vice-versa). USB tower: + no batteries needed Serial tower: + you can change the (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Question about RIS version differences

Hi all! I'm a newcomer to the list and the world of Lego Mindstorms so please excuse any inaccuracies. In late September I was allocated my Honours Project for my BEng in Electronic and Communications Engineering - To Design and Build an Ultrasound (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Question about RIS version differences

(...) You got a new 2.0 RCX, which from a user's point of view is the same as the 1.0 RCX found in earlier RIS 1.5 sets. Jürgen (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics)