 Robotics / 15847
  Re: Electromagnets with RCX

(...) I have noted quite a few posts about use of electromagnets with the RCX. I have a question - what do you want to use one for? Electromagnets are about as inefficient as helicopters. They both burn energy just standing still !! If you look at (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Electromagnets with RCX

"John Barnes" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:4.2.0.58.200107...lserver... (...) To pick things up and move them. Why? Because magnetism is so interesting. -John Van (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Electromagnets with RCX

John Van writes; (...) Well, that is a thoroughly good reason to want to investigate something! In other areas of engineering, they use magnets to attach things like measurement devices to machine tools and rather than use electromagnets which (...) (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Electromagnets with RCX

John, this is a really interesting idea. (...) I think I understand, but do you possibly have a picture(s) that you could show. How about a diagram? Off Topic- John, thanks again for the Znap. They are overwhelming. I think I'm going to have to (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics)