 Robotics / 15651
Re: Of Interest To Robotics Folks? Perhaps...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 21:44:44 GMT

In a message dated 6/29/2001 5:01:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
matthew@digitaliris.com writes:

According to this article...
http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0106/29.knex.shtml
...those kooky stick and straw lovin' nuts in the K'Nex camp have done what
LEGO seems unwilling/unable to do...support the Macintosh.

The K'Nex robotics systems are NATIVE Macintosh...WHAT A CONCEPT! See here
for more: http://www.knexeducation.com/techno.html

I hate to burst your bubble, but the educational division of LEGO has had a
Mac version of the Mindstorms product out for years (RoboLab, and its much
better than the K'NEX one and cheaper to boot). The K'Nex product was not
being shown on Macs and I seem to remember that it was a serial connection
similar to the LEGO product.  I was actually at NECC this week and got to see
the new USB towers for Mindstorms working directly on iMacs.  They said that
they would be launching the new version of RoboLab that works with Macs and
the USB tower this summer. They also said that they would be at MacWorld
showing the new product and some pricing.

--
MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED:

1.  Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII"