 Robotics / 15368
    RE: Laptop Tower Communications - not —Tilman Sporkert
   Greg, of course you tried putting in new batteries first, right? Most of the tower problems can be resolved by putting in a new battery. The green LED will still light up even if the battery is too weak to allow proper communications with the brick. (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Laptop Tower Communications - not —Richard Clemens
     new batteries, no green light, Win2K or not -- Richard Clemens clemens@wvwc.edu ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tilman Sporkert" <tilman@webmethods.com> To: "Greg Frazier" <GREGORY.FRAZIER@saic.com>; "Richard Clemens" <clemens@wvwc.edu> Cc: (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Laptop Tower Communications - not —Greg Frazier
     Yes, I replaced the batteries on both towers. The fact that both towers are trashed with similar failure modes (although one now doesn't receive at all) and stopped working at approximately the same time suggests an external agent causing the (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Win2K and IR Tower —Ralph Hempel
   Hi All, I've been following the thread about Win2K leaving the tower green light on all the time. I was wondering about this myself... It seems that my tower has very poor range ever since I used it on my Win2K laptop. Does anyone else have similar (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: Win2K and IR Tower —Ralph Hempel
   (...) Once again, John Barnes and others point out that the first symptom of impending tower failure is reduced range. John *speculates* that this may be due to overheating the LED. The LED is easily replaced, I'm now considering doing that to see (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.robotics)