 Robotics / 15386
15385  |  15387
Subject:
Win2K and IR Tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 13:11:54 GMT

Hi All,

I've been following the thread about Win2K leaving the tower
green light on all the time. I was wondering about this myself...

It seems that my tower has very poor range ever since I used
it on my Win2K laptop. Does anyone else have similar experience?

Also, I found that in my experiments, some towers are better
at transmitting random bytes that others. Also, the scheme
that LEGO developed to "balance" the bits in a transmission
is very effective in increasing the range of reliable messages.

Let's see if we can compile some experience with the IR towers.

Cheers, Ralph Hempel