 Robotics / 15305
Re: Call me a Lego pureist if you will but...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 29 Apr 2001 13:37:05 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Mike Fusion writes:
i believe that with the string not being held at one end there would either
be little or no twisting when the string was reeled in if spooled with an
open end facing toward the direction of launch.

so in part both are right, steve a little more, but spooling on one end
would probably require using two motors, one to guide the string back onto
the spool and one to wind it,

Mikes right winding the thread onto the spool neatly and keeping it neat and
tight would be the vital factor for correct operation. Of course once the
dart had returned and locked into place that would keep the thread tight on
the spool.

Steve