 Robotics / 15286
Re: Call me a Lego pureist if you will but...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 21:26:37 GMT

I toyed with sewing thread. I tied it to the end of the dart and fed it
through the cannon.
Here are my observations.

1. Rewinding and reloading works fairly well. As long as the dart doesn't
approach the cannon at a right angle to the barrel, it will usually load
fine.
2. The thread has to be fairly strong in order to overcome the spring
tension during loading.
3. Paying out thread without severely slowing down the dart is the hard
part. My attempts failed. You need some kind of spindle to rewind the
thread, but I believe you would have to remove it in order to let the
thread pay out unfettered.

Juergen Stuber wrote:

theverly@nospam.hotmail.com (Tom Heverly) writes:

That certainly makes it easier to fire multiple shots,
but I only got one (from 8008 in a nice black color),
so, anybody got a reloading mechanism for robots?

--
$50,000 for Jill Behrman