 Robotics / 15196
  MIDI and WAV on the RCX

Hi there, I want inform you all that during Easter holidays I've improved my MIDI2RCX and WAV2RCX utilities. MIDI2RCX can convert standard MIDI files in NQC or C (LegOS) source files, that can be downloaded and played on the RCX. This new version (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MIDI and WAV on the RCX

Hi Guido, Great, I'm still interested in RCX sounds and even more in speech, but I think that's impossible (at least with NQC). I'll try it in the next couple of days and will compare it with a program I build (with your help) a few months ago. (...) (23 years ago, 20-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MIDI and WAV on the RCX

hi Guido, I've tried your wav2rcx, for some wav files it works nice, but a lot of wav files cann't be read. I've made a similar program (very quick and dirty in Delphi) using the pcm-streaming capabilities of windows, so windows does all the (...) (23 years ago, 29-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  R: MIDI and WAV on the RCX

Hi Stef, (...) wav files cann't be read. I couldn't handle very well the optional "fact" chunks in the WAV file, but now I fixed that problem (...) pcm-streaming capabilities of windows, (...) (almost) any wav files. (...) Yes, it's a nice idea: (...) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: R: MIDI and WAV on the RCX

Hi Guido, (...) That's good. (...) Why is that, you've know the complete structure (which I heard can be very different) of a wav file and decode it yourself, or am I missing something ? (...) That's great intention ! and too difficult for me. (...) (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.robotics)