 Robotics / 1509
Re: Fw: Space Shuttle Costs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 00:18:30 GMT

In article <slrn77djsq.g1h.mattdm@jadzia.bu.edu>, Matthew Miller
<lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com> writes
rather than one thousand two billion
three thousand four million five thousand six. (And just think of the
confusion if I hadn't used all those 0s....).

Sorry chum, but you have only grasped half of the English way of saying
the numbers.  You missed out the essential "and".  We would say, "one
thousand and two billion, three thousand and four million, five thousand
six.  (These upstart colonials, trying to define how we speak!  I mean,
my house is older than their country!)

--
Regards - Peter Hesketh, Mynyddbach, Mon.
Forty reasons why a dog is better than a woman: number 13