 Robotics / 1542
Re: Fw: Space Shuttle Costs ** OFF TOPIC **
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 13:15:16 GMT

Tom Rowton wrote:

Would someone please enlighten those of us who clearly do not understand the
number system that the rest of the world uses, what the difference is
between 5,000,000,000 and 5 Billion?  Or is the US the only country that
recognises "billion" as a valid number? How about trillion?

I am seriously interested - this is not a thinly veiled jab. I would really
like to know, so hold the flamethrowers and let the information flow.

One Billion is a Million Million.
One Trillion is a Million Million Million.

It seems that on your way across the Atlantic you threw the thousands
overboard with all the "u"s...

[That's a joke, don't flame me!]
--

If it ain't opinionated, it ain't Rich Teer.