 Robotics / 15038
Re: Pneumatic Pump Testing Goes Hi Tech
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.dacta
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 21:22:09 GMT

Jennifer Clark wrote:

c s soh wrote:

I don't know how or why but I don't seem to have come across it. I guess
I could try to build one but it'll help if you could give me a link or
reference to it.

Sure - I made a rather ugly version of it including limit switch for my skid
steer loader model. There is a picture here; I don't actually think many
modifications other than replacing the small and large pully with 8 and 40 tooth
gears were needed. I still see this compressor section as Michaels's effort
since the modification is fairly obvious;

http://www.telepresence.strath.ac.uk/jen/lego/ls160_lrg/ls160_compressor_pic1.htm

http://www.telepresence.strath.ac.uk/jen/lego/ls160_lrg/ls160_compressor_pic2.htm

I added an extra 9V motor for the excavator model to provide increased airflow,
although I suppose that is cheating ;-) anyway, the picture is near the bottom
of the page:

    http://www.telepresence.strath.ac.uk/jen/lego/excavator.htm

I also have a hand controller with built in limit switch, although it is really
the same as Ralph Hempel's design spread flat and using the full pump stroke:

   http://www.telepresence.strath.ac.uk/jen/lego/ideas.htm

Thanks, Jen. I'll have a go at it.

But really, with this pressure sensor
thing, limit switches would soon be obsolete.

True enough! But some of us Luddites don't even have an RCX :-)

The pressure limit switch is also a lot cheaper and more compact to include in
models than the RCX.

Well, I was just thinking to what extent you could take the pressure
sensor device.
Actually, most of my own creations don't use the RCX. And they're mostly