 Robotics / 15039
Re: need help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 10:10:41 GMT

Steve Hassenplug wrote:

Mike,

With only 4 wheels, you'll find your bot has so much bounce you won't
want to mount your RCX on it.  I can't imagine only 3 wheels.  Here's
a couple that I built along the same lines.

The first one uses 12 wheels for each hub and they are a combination
of large and small wheels, because I didn't have enough of either size
to make them all the same.  (you'll see what I mean)

http://odin.prohosting.com/~hassenpl/Triped2s.JPG

You can use the angled gray axle connectors to connect the axle ends
together.  It looks like a 120 degree one would work, and that should
remove bounce if you have fewer wheels.  What exactly is the point of
having a wheel shaped like this?

Andy

The second is a killough platform

http://odin.prohosting.com/~hassenpl/ThreeWheelBot.JPG

Of the two, I liked the first much better.  It was fairly smooth, and
the wheels were strong.  I tried some 8 wheel hubs in a + before I got
to the 12 wheel star.  Again, very bouncy.

Steve