 Robotics / 15012
Re: Programming the RCX...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 23:27:40 GMT

"Michael F. Aube" wrote:

Hello to All,

I don't have a LEGO MindStorm Robot to play with yet :>(, but I've been
doing a lot of research trying to learn the various techniques used to
program the RCX.

Do any of you use or plan to use Java to develop your RCX programs?  I
could see one building an abstract software model of the RCX, and then
manipulating that model visually or otherwise to produce a working RCX
program in Scheme or any other available language for the RCX.

You can try leJOS from http://lejos.sourceforge.net.  It is written in
Java, and allows you to write programs in Java.  I have written an
interface/editor for leJOS called lVI available at
http://lvi.sourceforge.net.  A new version fixing some big problems should
be out soon.

Andy

Just wondering,