 Robotics / 14839
  Re: List software?

So what software does this? If it is so common to have in an e-mail program, then which do it? Andy (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: List software?

(...) Ditto. I find this *INCREDIBLY* annoying - because this is the only one of over a dozen mailing lists that I'm subscribed to that works this way. What ends up happening is that people *don't* politely edit the 'To:' lines - instead they hit (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: List software?

Steve Baker writes: > Chris 'Xenon' Hanson wrote: > > > I can't enumerate the number of time's (like just a moment ago) > > that I replied directly to the sender, not to the list, forgetting > > to change the To line. > > What ends up happening is (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: List software?

(...) I don't think that's commonly available - I don't see it under either PINE or Netscape 4.x (the two mailers I use regularly). The observed fact that I get duplicate replies to nearly every message I post to this list suggests that even if that (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: List software?

Steve Baker writes: > > If you're stuck using software you can't change, ask the author to fix it. > > Well, I maintain that since everyone won't do that, There is no point in discussing this issue further. Spend your energy fixing your software, or (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: List software?

I think that people think it is a pain in the a$$, as there has been a post on this before, but it has been this way for a long time, and people are used to having to delete senders. I am not saying that I like to do this (I don't), but that people (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: List software?

Andy Gombos writes: > So what software does this? If it is so common to have in an > e-mail program, then which do it? I know of no email software with a "Reply to Recipient" command -- *THAT* is the problem. That's why mailing list operators are (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: List software?

(...) Try Pegasus (version 3.12c), you have tag-marks to select whom to reply to from all the entries in the header, works perfectly. Andreas (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: List software?

(...) I didn't mean to start such a firestorm about this. I suspect, reality being lazy, that it's easier to fix a 'problem' like this in one place (the centralized mailing-list software) and not in a great multitude of places (everyone's varied (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: List software?

"Russell Nelson" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:15049.48238.578...nwr.com... (...) Try Outlook Express (is avaible for Win 9x, Win NT, Solaris, Linux, Unix) This program has a Reply Group button and Reply (to sender) works great. (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: List software?

Doesn't "Reply to Group" only work with New Groups (NNTP), not e-mail lists? And don't ALL e-mail clients have a 'Reply To All' function? Can't you just do that and erase the recipient you don't want (in this case, the sender)? -- V (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: List software?

(...) ^^^^^ What?! That is completely new to me :-) On Linux, use mutt, this mailer does SSL and all sorts of fancy replies. (23 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)