 Robotics / 14821
Re: Solar Cell Output (Shell logo)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 23:28:55 GMT

This is may be a bit Off Topic

With all the talk about the lego solar cell, (and cap) I went and got
one of each.  They are a nice curiosity, but as of right now, I can't
seem to find any robot applications.  Maybe when the sun comes back to
Toronto,  I'll play a bit more.  Unfortunately with a 60w incandescent
light the cell is a bit boring.  I'd like to try to see if maybe I can
use it as a sensor.   maybe a crude light sensor.  (shrug)  As for the
capacitor......  I'm going to have to wait for other ideas from the
group to see what can be done with it.

My question is to ask if anyone has noticed a "clam shell" etched in the
clear plastic covering the actual cell.  On mine the "Shell logo" (as
seen here: http://www.shell.ca/ ) is opposite the power connector.  Why
would a lego product have a Shell logo?

Thanks

Chris