 Robotics / 14747
Re: Solar Cell Output in Direct Sunlight
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 01:20:08 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, sjbaker1@airmail.net writes:

I agree - and another factor is the angle of the panel to the incident
light.  The amount of light varies as the cosine of the angle of the
sun to a line thats perpendicular to the panel.  Building some kind of
a mechanism that tilts the panel into the light might have some payback.

The experts say that such a scheme can increase total power collected by up
to 40%, though I'm not sure if this includes the power required to drive the
steering mechanism.

See:

http://www.energyoutfitters.com/wattsun.htm