 Robotics / 14694
  Robotics beginner question

Hi there, I recently picked up a 9748 DDK. I think it is a pretty fun set, for the limited amount of things that it does. I was wondering if someone who knows more about the Mindstorms stuff can answer a few questions for me. What are the expansion (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Robotics beginner question

(...) The expansion sets are meant to work with the Robotics Invention System (RIS), and to a (much) lesser extent the Robotics Discovery System (RDS). They don't integrate well with systems based on the micro-scout. The RCX is a big lego brick that (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Robotics beginner question

What kind of programming do you do with the RCX? ~Adam (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Robotics beginner question

So you can choose what language you want to use? For example, could you use a C++ programing program like MS Visual C++, and transfer it to the RCX? Or is there specific software that comes with it? -Adam (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Robotics beginner question

(...) Well, if you want to keep the Lego 'firmware', you are pretty much stuck with 'NQC' (Not Quite C) which is a small C subset that generates the same kind of special bytecode as Lego's own graphical programming language. This is a relatively (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Robotics beginner question

Any kind you want, there are a myriad of available languages to use with it, whether its the out of the box lego, paint by number language ;) , or the down and dirty full C/C++ legos language, and many others in between, forth, python, java, to name (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Robotics beginner question

(...) It Is ;) .... witha couple of odd problems like the lack of delete[] and new operator, but they can be fairly easily overcame - Ciaran (23 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)