 Robotics / 14699
Re: Robotics beginner question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 08:37:10 GMT

Any kind you want, there are a myriad of available languages to use with it,
whether its the out of the box lego, paint by number language ;) , or the
down and dirty full C/C++ legos language, and many others in between, forth,
python, java, to name a few.

Generally, I believe? (please don't flame me) the most popular comprimise
for beginners and pros alike is NQC, the author of which you can usually
find here abouts

As for the kind of programming you do, that really is up to you, you have
around 32K of memory to play with (minus whatever the language you decide to
use takes up ) , I myself am just coming to the end of my University
Dissertation where I successfully employed Genetic Algorithms to provide
autonomous learning with the RCX. Or you could just make a funky looking
dinosaur.. you really could do pretty much what you want to

What kind of programming do you do with the RCX?

- ciaran