 Robotics / 14602
Re: Need Decision Help - Buy RIS 1.5 now or 2.0 later
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 22:38:26 GMT

I'm sorry to say that I don't have anny suggestions, just some more info to
consider.

I imagine that the difference between RIS1.5 and RIS2.0 will be the software.
This was the major difference between RIS1.0 and RIS1.5; RIS1.5 was easier to
use and had improved interface design. Also, I believe that the IR Tower will be
USB in RIS2.0, instead of needing a serial port, and I've noticed that it is
physicly different.

Surely Lego will put out an upgrade kit, like the one they currently have for
1.5, but it costs about $25. So the question is, just how soon do you need the
sets? You would save a bit of money by waiting for 2.0.