 Robotics / 14511
Re: Shrimp, Lobster & more...
Newsgroups:
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 09:33:46 GMT

the first lego shrimp.  Oh well, I guess I can learn from the other models
and try to build a better one.  Thanks for sharing it with us...

Ram

----- Original Message -----
From: "Xanthra47" <jmantor@nycap.rr.com>
To: <lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2001 2:39 PM
Subject: Re: Shrimp, Lobster & more...

More excellent robots !  Thanks for sharing, Mario : )  I'm sorta bummed
that you beat me to the LEGO(R) Shrimp, but I love your drive system and • you
did leave me some leeway to build a shrimp that can steer....
                                                    Xanthra47
"Mario Ferrari" <mario.ferrari@edis.it> wrote in message
No, I'm not OT :-)

SHRIMP is the name of a very clever high mobility rover developed by • the
Autonomous Systems Lab in Lausanne, Switzerland. You can see it here:
http://dmtwww.epfl.ch/isr/asl/systems/shrimp.html

Months ago I made a Lego implementation of it, and only now found the • time
to put it on my site:
http://www.geocities.com/mario.ferrari/shrimp/shrimp.html

Aragosta (in Italian means "Lobster") is the name of a Mini-Sumo (RIS • only)
robot that I used in our last ItLUG robotic challenge:
http://www.geocities.com/mario.ferrari/aragosta/aragosta.html

Golia II is a more complex Sumo robot that features a 2 speed gear • switch:
http://www.geocities.com/mario.ferrari/golia2/golia2.html

Cinque is my latest multi-purpose platform: a Johnny Five style robot • with
two RCXs, 5 motors, working arms/hand and more:
http://www.geocities.com/mario.ferrari/cinque/cinque.html

Your comments are, as always, very welcome.

Mario