 Robotics / 14503
    Re: Shrimp, Lobster & more... —Jason S. Mantor
   More excellent robots ! Thanks for sharing, Mario : ) I'm sorta bummed that you beat me to the LEGO(R) Shrimp, but I love your drive system and you did leave me some leeway to build a shrimp that can steer.... Xanthra47 "Mario Ferrari" (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Shrimp, Lobster & more... —Ram Meenakshisundaram
   Oh no more competition on the shrimp :-( I thought I was going to build the first lego shrimp. Oh well, I guess I can learn from the other models and try to build a better one. Thanks for sharing it with us... Ram ----- Original Message ----- From: (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Shrimp, Lobster & more... —Mario Ferrari
   Like Xanthra47 wrote, there's still room for the first shrimp that can steer :-) On this topic I have some ideas. I would use the four central wheels like tracks, blocking the inner ones in the turn (or slowing down them) while keeping the outers at (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Shrimp, Lobster & more... —Hao-yang Wang
   (...) The mechanism to steer these two wheels in sync would be a bit tricky, though, considering that the wheels are suspended independently. An easier and more flexible way is to steer the two wheels separately, but attach a rotation sensor to each (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)