 Robotics / 14485
Re: What AC adapter to use for RIS 1.0?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 13:09:19 GMT

Thanks a lot guys
I guess Lego should have thought about this and sell power supplies for
their units (or at least let people know what kind they need)
What I really wonder is why nothing has been done, I just got this unit 2
days ago, but Lego started selling it 2 years ago.

--

David

"Cyborg" <cyborg@euroseek.com> wrote in message
I just got a second RIS, this one is the RIS 1.0 with the power adapter
input. I tried to find that AC adapter on S@H , but couldn't find it.
There is not even any info about it in the RIS 1.0 itself.
All the info I found was, that I need a 10V 7VA adapter for it.
Where can I find such an adapter?
RadioShack sells universal PA, but they have no 10V setting and most
adapters I can see have a mA or a A rating, e.g. 12V 500mA or a 7V 1.8A
Would a 9V adapter work? and what are 7VA in mA or A (I guess 1000mA=1A)?
And in case I could use a universal PA, what side is the positive (inside • or
outside)?
Thanks for the help.

--

David