 Robotics / 14385
Re: Make a goal by the IR port on RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 16:26:57 GMT

I want to add a goal for this vehicle.
Say, move towards a certain direction.
However, all the 3 sensors port had been used up for some purpose.
So I am considering if I could use the IR port on the RCX to produce a goal.

I have seen many others use the infrared port as a source of light which is
used in conjunction with a light sensor to create a range finder, but I have
never heard of anyone using the port itself as a sensor.  Is there a way to
read the "strength" of the light received?

As for running out of sensor ports, is there anyway you could stack some of
the existing sensors.  Touch sensors can almost always be stacked (attached
in parallel with another sensor, don't know how well this would work with a
rotation sensor).  You could also buy another RCX (everyone should have at
least two!).