 Robotics / 14390
Re: Make a goal by the IR port on RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 21:39:32 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, h9819152 <h9819152@hkusua.hku.hk> writes:
I am working on a robotic assignment with RCX by legOS.
It is a small RCX vehicle that move around.

I want to add a goal for this vehicle.
Say, move towards a certain direction.
However, all the 3 sensors port had been used up for some purpose.

It may be possible to overload the sensor ports. Can you tell us what types
these sensors are, and what they are used for?

So I am considering if I could use the IR port on the RCX to produce a goal.

???Lead the vehicle with a infra-red beam???

I did it once, not with LegOS though. See
<http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=5784> for details.

Sadly, that can-retrieval project is left unfinished. I did finish building
a robot for the task, but have never come around writing the necessary
software to control it. (Building with Lego is much more fun than writing
software.) Later the robot was dismantled, because I needed its parts for
something else.

Cheers,
Hao-yang Wang