 Robotics / 1433
RE: Problems with IR tower on laptop
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 19:05:28 GMT

I am using my IR tower with an ACER Extensa 357 and Windows'95. I do not
have any problem, but as far as I know if you use the power saving, it is
too posible to have problems with the serial connection. Try to disconnect
the power saving features, but if you have problems even with the AC
adaptor, check the 9v battery from your tower.

Is any other Mindstormer living near you? Try with another tower, maybe
yours is damaged.

I only found my IR blinking during transmission.

David

-----Mensaje original-----
De: news@lugnet.com [mailto:news@lugnet.com]En nombre de Matthew Bates
Enviado el: Lunes 14 de Diciembre de 1998 12:21 PM
Para: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Asunto: Problems with IR tower on laptop

My IR tower seems to work irratically with my Compaq LTE5300 laptop. It
doesn't seem to work very well at all when running off the
laptop's batteries.
It seems to work better if I run it off AC, but I've still had
failures then.
Anyone else have this problem?

Is the little green LED on the tower supposed to come on when it's
transmitting or when it is successfully communicating with the RCX?

Matt