 Robotics / 1420
Re: Problems with IR tower on laptop
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 16:02:38 GMT

Possibly a problem with the power-saving features when running off of the
battey.  Try manually overriding the power setting to put it in "high
power" mode.

Matt

On Mon, 14 Dec 1998, Matthew Bates wrote:

My IR tower seems to work irratically with my Compaq LTE5300 laptop. It
doesn't seem to work very well at all when running off the laptop's batteries.
It seems to work better if I run it off AC, but I've still had failures then.
Anyone else have this problem?

Is the little green LED on the tower supposed to come on when it's
transmitting or when it is successfully communicating with the RCX?

Matt