 Robotics / 14231
Re: Text to Speech capability on the RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 17:04:53 GMT

I'm also trying to play a wav with the RCX, and I have found this
information.

The pages explain how to play a tone and a PCM wave with 1 bit speaker,
like the famous PC-speaker, it's great.
http://fly.srk.fer.hr/GDM/articles/sndmus/speaker1.html
http://fly.srk.fer.hr/GDM/articles/sndmus/speaker2.html

The problem here is to find the time of full extension.

Does anybody know how to control the speaker in legOS directly? What
address?

Guy has made a program called wav2rcx, I don't have tested yet, but I
think he makes sth like your idea,  he finds the dominant frequency in a
period of time. He says the quality is very poor.
www.aga.it/~guy/lego.htm.

If someone knows more about this just email.

Stef Mientki escribió:
looking for the code used for programs like "PC-speaker", but I
cant find the source code. • ...
Why not divide the speech into parts of say 100 msec, determine what the
power is and what the frequency is (i.e. zero-crossing).