 Robotics / 9212
Re: Text to Speech capability on the RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 17:12:45 GMT

Ram Meenakshisundaram  <rmeenaks@olf.com> wrote:
A bit of a silly question, but does the RCX have a dedicated speaker or
can it only play tones?  I want to see if I can create a  TTS engine
that handles a very small  number of phonemes (spelled correctly??)
using LegOS or NQC.  Thanks.

NQC can't drive the speaker directly.

Using LegOS, you have binary control over the speaker output.  Limited text
to speech might be possible, but it will sound twangy at best.  Worth a try
though...

-Kekoa