 Robotics / 14214
Re: LEGO says adults 25-45 account for half of MindStorms sales!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 02:45:13 GMT

Harley Myler wrote:

Maybe this is a quibble, but aren't the parents of most "kids" likely to be
using Mindstorms in the 35+ age group???   I don't see too many kids coming
up with the purchase price out of pocket, but I get a lot of parents asking
me what to buy for their child.

This is not to say that this age group also isn't using them as well.

In my case I've bought Mindstorms for my kids, nephews and as supplies for
an elem. school robotics class.  I've been pushing for a program in the
early "middle school curriculum as well. One "active" adult fan can
"inspire" a large number of sales - something TLC might think about.

John
--

If memory serves (remember, I'm one of that older group) the registration form asks who bought the set and then what age would be using it. I would bet there are a number of closet Legotists out there who said they bought the set for a kid and then actually use it themselves.

Harley Myler
http://macmyler.engr.ucf.edu

I never bothered to fill out other other two cards I got. When it said that the FREE RCX contest was US only it upset me...

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html
Dean's Lego Workshop: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_wr.html