 General / 27180
Re: LEGO says adults 25-45 account for half of MindStorms sales!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 05:12:30 GMT

I don't doubt that in the least! I took my RCX brick into VB class the other
day and showed it and the manual for programming through spirit.ocx to my
teacher.  Now he knows what he's asking for on his birthday he said :)  Along
with 3 other people in my class, all over the age of 35 at least.  Just wait
till my other 2 classes get to see a much better demo when I get it built and
present it :)  I think I should be able to hook at least 3 or 4 more per
class!
Even watching their reaction, and hearing them say "That's NOT a kids toy!"
sure can validate that we aren't all nuts in everyone's eyes!

Tamy

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.general, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
In lugnet.lego.announce, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Taken from:
http://www.lego.com/info/pressspecific.asp?PressReleaseId=163&Year=2001 • [snip]

There appears to be no upper age limit for the popularity of LEGO
MINDSTORMS. Around half the owners of these sets are adults between
the ages of 25 and 45. [snip]

"Hoo-ahh!"   That's us.  :-)

Whoa--whoa--wow!--half?!?!?  Way excellent!!!

--Todd